Thursday 8 October 2015

Apron for PaperArtsy Wearable Art Challenge


I've been wanting to make myself an apron for ages and with a Lin Brown class coming up and the Wearable Art theme over on PaperArtsy, it was the push I needed. I knew it needed to be washable so I used a fabric medium mixed in with the Frescos, which I had never done before, a Liquitex one.

I used Lin Brown stamps, new, recent, and slightly older floral and text stamps. It was easier than I thought and I will definitely do a more ambitious design and use a better quality apron next time - I just used a cheap one as I didn't want to mess up one of the £10 heavy weight ones. The only thing is, I preferred my design before I added on and painted the poppy as it looked much more delicate. Less is More, Lucy!

I am entering it into the challenge here.

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Looking lovely Lucy. That's a very posh apron. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great... but won't you be worried about getting it mucky?!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. really pretty - too nice to get painty xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its nearly as beautiful as you Lucy! love it, very inspiring and would look lovely just displayed in a craft room! xx

    ReplyDelete