Saturday 16 August 2014

Floral Hessian Canvas Inspired by Penny Nuttall for Paper Artsy


Over on Paper Artsy this week, Penny Nuttall was Guest Designer, and on night one she made a wonderful hessian book with fabric liner paper. I thought I would try to recreate the same look as an excuse to use a hessian canvas with a gessoed background, and use the stamps in a similar way to Penny - so I was totally inspired by her in making it even though it is much simpler. I used StazOn in Claret, Orange Zest, and Ganache. The script is from Hot Picks 1304 and the flowers are from 1009.  I added metal flowers from an old necklace which I rusted and enamelled with Fresco paints, and some rusted photo corners. It was very quick but I quite like it as a piece of home decor as I like to be able to 'put things somewhere' or give them to people who won't say 'what is it?'!!

I am entering this into the Paper Artsy challenge and also That's Blogging Crafty which is Something Stamped, and the Artistic Stamper which is Anything Goes.

19 comments:

  1. I love this one, Lucy - it may be a simpler version, but it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful Lucy!! looks gorgeous on the hessian canvas xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too Lucy. The metal flowers complement the stamped flowers perfectly. Great! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely canvas Lucy, really like the effect you've created. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty color to use for text! Love this burlap canvas, Lucy! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful canvas, beautiful composition

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Lucy, and thanks for sharing it with us at The Artistic Stamper too.
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely piece Lucy. I'm with you. Can't just make a thing to make a thing. It has to have a purpose. Have too many things already LOL Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful panel Lucy! I love the pretty colours and flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lucy! What a lovely canvas. I love your colour palette and choice of stamps! I love the way you've put it together!
    Ha ha! I saw your comment on my blog and on Lin's - had you given up all hope that I'd get round to it?! I broke open the Stampbord at last and I did think of you as I did it! It sure is fun! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so far behind with blog visiting that I'm almost tempted to just give up altogether! But then suddenly there's time for a quick hop round and you find delights like this... absolutely love the rugged look of the gesso against the hessian, and the flowers - both stamped and dimensional - are lovely.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucy this has turned out really well its beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving your CAS hessian project, love your stamp choices and your embellishments are perfectly placed. A beautiful ArT piece Lucy!

    :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful Lucy, great colours and love your embellishments. What are you going to do with it? ( just kidding, that's what I get right after 'what is it'? lol) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's outstanding, Lucy! Love the contrast between the gesso and the burlap!

    Thanks for your kind words on my blog, I really appreciate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucy, your hessian canvas is beautiful, I love the naturalness of the hessian and the roughness of the gesso - the stamping looks wonderful too. Thanks for your visit and lovely comment. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this Lucy - a fabulous project.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete