Thursday 31 October 2013

Last Chance for Crafty Individuals' October Challenge ......


Over on the Crafty Individuals' blog you have until 11 pm tonight to enter the October challenge. This is my Hallowe'en themed contribution. I used a reversed deep canvas which I painted black and then framed with Crafty Individuals' mauve background paper. I stamped the Hallowe'en image and embossed it in black and then coloured the crow and the church with Pro Markers in shades of grey. I then filled in the crow with an embossing pen and clear embossed it and sponged Distress Inks over the whole piece in Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, and Spiced Marmalade and glued it into the recess. I lightly glued some fake cobweb inside the aperture and around the frame. I took a Poundland skeleton apart and you can just see the hand sticking out. I filled in the skull eyes with Glossy Accents mixed with red alcohol ink. I used a Sizzix embossing folder for the bats and carefully cut them out and dotted them around the cobweb, and finished off with a large spider!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy
    I spied this over at the CI Blog - a great make, very spooky.
    Hope you are having a wonderfully spooky All Hallowe's Eve.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous coloured frame and a great piece Lucy.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful spooky creation Lucy, I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Halloween goodness! Yes, I am behind on bloggy visits. Lucy, this frame is spooky awesome! Love the ghostly feel! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - spooky heaven! The cobwebby gauze is brilliant!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete