Wednesday 12 June 2013

Gelli Print Think and Wonder Card


Over on the Happy Daze blog I have made a card using a Gelli print background and Artistic Outpost stamps from Think and Wonder, Flower Market, and Whimsical Melange.

This was my first time with the Gelli plate, in fact I booked the Andy Skinner class not even quite sure what one was. He was a great tutor and I was pleased to come away with plenty of background pages to use on projects in the current months, although many of the ones I made were no good at all! I tended to like the secondary impressions best which seemed to have almost a canvas texture look to them. This is the one I have used with the background stamping added but before I added the collaged pieces:-


I enjoyed the messyness of this technique. Wouldn't it be a fun thing to do in the garden in the summer with children and friends?

To finish the card, I stamped the butterflies on a couple of other pieces of Gelli background, one in lilac and one in turquoise and cut them out, and stamped the house frame from the Whimsical Melange set onto the tutquoise piece, to frame the little girl.

I am entering this into the June Referral Programme for the Artistic Outpost. You can buy their stamps from them if you are in the US, and from Happy Daze if you are in the UK.

11 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the second prints, Lucy. A really lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think lots of people like the second prints best Glad you had fun at the class, the result here looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your results with the Gelli plate Lucy. Hugs Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The BG on this is fab and the teal/blue really pops against the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card Lucy, great use of your Gelli print! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours and a great way to use your prints.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous Gelli print, and beautiful colour combination on the finished card! Lovely to have you play along with us at Artistic Outpost, Lucy.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card that you've made with your Gelli print. I'm glad you enjoyed the class.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucy, I love your gelli background print and it works so perfectly with the AO image! Gorgeous! So did you buy a plate?? I still have not given in, because not sure how much I would use it! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lucy, I just adore that gorgeous background you created with the gelli plate. The AO image is lovely and the butterflies are so, so beautiful. Love this. Thanks for your visit and kind comment too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete