Monday 14 January 2013

Tweaked Yesterday's Finnabair Canvas


Thank you so, so much for the kind comments yesterday and for the very constructive help. I have made a couple of very minor tweaks based on what you said. I used a soft charcoal pencil round the edge of the frame then softened it with a paper stump then my finger, and the tiniest bit on the bird. It may be a bit too strong. Maybe another way of doing it would have been to sponge the white die cut frame in the pale turquoise before I glued it down. If you think I have completely ruined the canvas now, don't be afraid to say as I don't feel any attachment to an item once I have made it - I just enjoy the process, and on this occasion it was very experimental and I will certainly be making more and improving. Just don't eat any of my cakes ........

A closer shot of the frame and bird
 

10 comments:

  1. I was just taking a look at what I missed yesterday and this canvas is gorgeous! You always add so much interest and fun finds! I love how you tweaked the frame! Lucy, as always another fine and elegant creation! Love!!! Have a great week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lucy - this is just beautiful - it just melts my heart. Off to look at the link to see where you got your inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a stunning canvas Lucy love the soft colours and highlighting the frame really makes a difference
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the edging round the frame has improved it greatly Lucy, but I hadn't seen that yesterday.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely piece, Lucy--absolutely charming!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an elegant creation, dear Lucy! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh Lucy love the definition that the soft charcoal effect has made, it really makes the canvas have depth, even more beautiful now, absolutely stunning. XX

    ReplyDelete