Sunday 5 August 2012

Stampin' Up Everyday Enchantment Card


I wasn't sure whether to blog this or not, as it is completely different to my normal style. I go to a Stampin' Up card making class with some friends one Saturday morning per month, and it is good for me to learn to do a more clean and simple style. In January I had made all my birthday cards for the year but they were all trashed by the burst pipe so the five cards I make at the class every month have kept me going whilst life has been a bit muddly. I've just bought the Everyday Enchantment designer paper series and the matching stamps called Fresh Vintage which are designed to go together, so I thought I would make a quick batch of cards as we are soon to be moving house again.

I particularly wanted this stamp set for using with distress markers. I used brush markers when I first started rubber stamping and it is great to go back to it, and it was fun to pick out the colours from the background papers. I really must get some more nesties or something similar though, as I don't have many options for matting and layering cards. The ribbon is also Stampin' Up, in Calypso Coral. I finished the card off with a tiny butterfly - I thought the paper was a bit pricey so I got out my tiniest flower and butterfly punches to use up all the tiny scraps!

I probably won't have a chance to make very many things over the next few weeks apart from DT commitments, but I hope to still be able to see what you are all doing!

6 comments:

  1. Yes very different for you Lucy but a lovely card nonetheless. Love the papers you have chosen that pink is so pretty.
    Currently in San Diego and had a wonderful day with Terry yesterday.
    Good luck with the move. Looking forward to seeing the house when I get back.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is different, but still lovely. Its good to try different things, it helps keep your work fresh.Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lucy. Fabulous card. Really pretty. Love it. It's nice to have a change now and again to keep the creative juices flowing. Have fun making your DT pieces. Looking forward to seeing them.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly is different to your usual make but its very pretty and you should be pleased. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty, lovely colours.
    I know what you mean about CAS cards - something I struggle with but it is good to make some every now and again.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Lucy. I love the Everyday Enchantment designer paper series and the matching Fresh Vintage stamp set. I used them a LOT in my daughter's wedding stationary. I hope the move goes well.

    Hugs
    Susie
    x

    ReplyDelete