Wednesday 7 December 2011

Starry Nights on Gingersnaps


I thought I was going to miss the deadline for this dt piece for the first time ever! I still have this horrible throat bug and conjuntivitis and have nearly lost my voice. The surgery are sending a prescription to my local chemist for my kind friend to pick up, but I am not holding out much hope of getting better quickly.

The Gingersnap theme launching today is Starry Nights, and I wanted to create a Christmas snowy and starry scene inside a bubble box. I used Crafty Individuals' Christmas papers and their Santa in the Sky stamp, CI254. I covered the box with the papers and used a gold pen around the edges. The fiddly bit was that I wanted the design of the paper to run continuously across the lid so I cut the square for the lid, drew the circle aperture in pen, then cut it out with a circle Nestie. I then stamped the image directly onto the circle of paper, and again onto plain white gloss card. I wanted the word 'Believe' to run under the sleigh and above the buildings, rather than being obscured by them. I cut out the buildings and matched them up over the top of the stamped image to make them stand out. I added Polar White flower soft at the bottom of the row of buildings and in dots over the globe, and also adhered silver stars to the underside of the globe with glossy accents but they are not very clear in the photo. Definitely don't feel like getting the camera out again at the mo. I added one of my DIY pine cones under the globe at the base, then sprinkled some around the box to take the photos.

11 comments:

  1. It's certainly very beautiful - and worth all the effort on our behalf - but we would have understood if for any reason you couldn't make the deadline. Your health and 'life' is more important than arty crafty.

    Gorgeous conifer and cones too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you managed to complete this as it is just stunning....such an eclectic mix on the Gingers blog again. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece of art Lucy and poor you feeling so poorly. Hope you get better soon, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the design of your box Lucy! Hope your medication does the trick.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're feeling loads better soon. You've managed to make a beautiful creation even when feeling so crummy. Your pinecones look like they've come from the forest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful altered box Lucy. Sorry to hear you feel so awful. Lets hope the meds work quickly my friend. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lucy. Fabulous box. Such a lot of work. Love the globe. It makes it very special. Sorry to hear you are still feeling poorly. Sending healing hugs.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucy, your box is amazing! Truly another work of art! I always love anything you alter, because you just rock! Sorry you are still ill! I also am still battling this throat bug and it just has me worn out! Get better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Lucy, feel better soon!

    Your starry night box is BEAUTIFUL!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Lucy, this is just amazing. What a lot of work you have put into it. Hope you are feeling better soon cos I'd like to visit. xx

    ReplyDelete