Sunday 27 September 2009

'L' Is For Learner!


The amazing thing about these new Mabel Lucie Attwell stamps from the Artistic Stamper, is that I find myself thinking up stories and little characters everytime I work with them! I guess that was her magic when she drew these images! Whilst this little boy's sister was out splashing in the puddles, he was in his bedroom learning to drive his shiny green car! He likes everyone to know which is his room, so I made him this Learner Driver door hanger.

The 'L' was cut from mountboard and coloured with Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy, straight from the pad. I stamped the image in a similar way to the little girl, on plain card, and then again on a piece of green brayered glossy photo paper, cutting out the car and mounting it onto the other image, and then finishing off with some coloured pencils. The wheels are just a couple of bright shiny buttons!

7 comments:

  1. aaww so cute...... Thought the letter L was going to be the initial for your name!I could see a childs name being made using this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice door hanger Lucy !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea! Looks great Lucy! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only is this cute but also a clever idea for any crafter who needs to make a gift for a child ..... dare I mention Christmas!Perfect stocking filler. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the button hub caps, great project!

    ReplyDelete